Wednesday, August 10, 2011

GED and Shadow.

     Hello my dear readers. It's me again. I just wnted to share a little of my good news! I'm going back to school to get my G.E.D. I am so excited. I went this morning for orientation. Then tomarrow I go back for my second day orientation. Then I will be a student again. It was so fun to say I "just got home from school'' earlier. But anyways, I am super duper excited. Hopefully, by October I will have my GED and I can start looking into going to college and applying for scholorships and etc. I got big big goals!! :)
     Also, I got a seven month old toy poodle puppy. Her name is "Shadow." She is a silver color.She is very skiddish at times too. But I got her house broke and everything. I love her! :) In just two days she has became my best friend!!

Love you guys,
-PrincessAddiction1031

2 comments:

  1. Hey Princess, I also posted this comment as a response to yours on my site, but I wanted to post it hear too & make sure you saw it. :)

    Sorry about the delayed response. But let me tell you, I DEFINITELY feel your pain. I speak from experience when I say that it really sucks the way that convicted felons have to stand under that shadow of being a felon for what feels like it will be the rest of their lives. The worst was when I was on probation and my P.O. was always UP MY ASS about finding a job. Well, on THREE different occasions I was denied a job based on background checks. I was even denied a job at freaking KMART!! It was crazy and frustrating... I finally ended up breaking down and applying at Burger King (which I really did NOT want to do.) But ironically, when Burger King hired me, I had so much management experience that they hired me as a manager. So there I was, responsible for counting and depositing literally thousands of dollars everynight that I closed! Burger King is one of those companies that has such a high turnover rate, that they'll hire pretty much anyone without the need for something like a background check. But if they'd only known! Anyway, long story longer, I just managed to really get lucky finding jobs since I got out of prison in November. And although it's ridiculously frustrating - eventually you WILL get lucky and find that one employer who's just RIGHT for you - and who'll hire you either because they like you as a person, or because they're willing to give a person another chance..... and those are the best people to work for anyway. Good luck and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete